I have been getting into makeup A LOT recently. I have so much fun doing my makeup in the morning, and I love finding new products. I feel like I have developed a pretty good routine, so I thought I would share it with you! I am going to present these items in the order in which I apply them, how I apply them and with what brushes.
(Let me first say, before applying any makeup, I first apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry- Touch Sunscreen SPF 100+. You may think I’m crazy but I am so paranoid about wrinkles and protecting my skin from the sun.)
- Mac Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Base Lumiere– I recently started using this primer underneath my make up and really I like it! It not only creates a good base so that my makeup stays on all day, but it also totally hydrates my skin.
- It Cosmetics illuminating CC cream- (Shade: Light)- I absolutely love CC cream! I have tried a million foundations and tinted moisturizers for years and I have finally found my favorite! I like full coverage, but not looking like I am wearing a mask.
- It Cosmetics Airbrush Complexion Perfection #115– I usually put a single squirt of CC cream onto the top of the brush and dab it around my face. I then blend it in, spreading some down my neck and chest as well, so that my face, neck and chest are all the same color.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- I use this underneath my eyes and over any blemishes and down the bridge of my nose. I then blend it in with a damp beauty blender and it brightens up my under eye. I love it!
- Derma Blend Professional Loose Setting Powder- (Similar Here) I then dab, with my Velvet Luxe #313 brush, some translucent setting powder over the spots where I applied concealer. This simply sets it so that it stays all day.
- It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Brush #313– I use this brush for many purposes. It’s so soft and fluffy!
- Mac Studio Fix Powder NC30– Next, I apply a layer of studio fix powder to my chin, nose and forehead (but not my under eye, where I just applied lighter shade of concealer). This helps to create an even skin tone.
- It Cosmetics Airbrush blurring foundation Brush #101– I use this brush to apply the studio fix foundation.
- Hoola Benefit Bronzer- I then (after wiping off my brush, with the same airbrush #101 brush) I draw a subtle line of bronzer from the top of my ear, toward my lips, through the center of my cheek, stopping just past my cheek bone. Another trick is to apply a little bit of this bronzer to the crease of my eyelids. It adds the right amount of depth to your eyes and looks like you spend hours on your eyeshadow.
- NARS blush- Orgasm– I then do a similar line to highlight the apple of my cheeks with this blush. I absolutely love this blush! When you open the palette it looks like it would be too much, but the color comes out perfectly on every skin tone. It’s the perfect combination of pink and a touch of gold!
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo- Blonde– I seem to constantly struggle to find a brow product that I like. I feel that being blonde makes it more difficult. Maybe I’m picky, or maybe this product is just BOMB! I apply it with…
- It Cosmetics Angled Liner/ Brow Brush#217- This is the perfect sized brush and applies the brow powder perfectly! I find that I like it when it’s a little damp.
- Mac Prep & Prime Fix+ Spray– This goes on last and I swear its like hair spray for your face. It locks in your makeup and helps it stay all day! Plus, it’s just so refreshing!
At this point I then go back, with my Velvet Luxe Brush #313, over my bronzer and blush, and blend blend blend, so that I don’t have tiger stripes on my face!
I hope you enjoyed seeing what products I use every day and that I have so much fun using! Let me know if there are any products that you just can’t live without! I want to hear!